Friday, November 12, 2010

Our Family Is In a Book. Kind of.

One of Chase's favorite books is called Home Run by David Diehl. This is a really simple book with each page having a picture and just one or two words.  He used to "read" the words as they were intended, but lately he's changed it up a bit.  Now while reading, Chase has assigned family members to each of the players in the book.  Thought I'd share them with you.  Look under each picture to see who it is. Enjoy!

The book:



Cole


       Mom Mom (she will be asked to demonstrate this later)



Cole (again)


Mom Mom (again)



Mom Mom (yet again) is on the bench and can you guess who the coach is?  The resemblance is uncanny.  It's Pop Pop. Pop Pop is actually the original "star".  He has been named as one of the characters since the beginning.


Daddy



Daddy (again)

As you can see, I am not in the book. I asked Chase if Mommy was in it at all and he said "No. No Mommy."  I guess my role is the reader. I'm good with that.  Cause then I get the snuggles, too. 


3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud when the Pop Pop picture came up. Too damn funny! Gerry, if you are reading this, I'll look forward to spring for two reasons 1) baseball season will start 2) Mom Mom will be decked out in her sliding pants and hold a demonstration on Goodrich Way. Can't wait!

    This is my favorite post so far..... Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Chase's version of the book. Not so sure about the MomMom slide--where in the world did he ever come up with that. Lacy--not sure that's gonna happen without some type of mental lapse. The coach however, is spot on!! Laughed out loud when I read it. The coach thought it was funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, CONGRATS mom on figuring out how to leave a comment. :)

    Lacy - ha ha ha ha ha ha! That'd be a great reason for looking forward to spring training. I can only imagine the fun that'd be to watch.

    I have no idea why he chose people for these but man is it funny.

    ReplyDelete