Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!

Wow it's been a long time since I've blogged. So to catch up quickly, I'll add pictures with captions underneath of things we've done since July.  There may be several of some events and just one or two of others, but you'll get the idea.  Hopefully now I can stay up-to-date since I'm back in the game.  Seems like I have the same problem with exercising, too - once I stop I never start again.  Although in the case of working out, it usually ends up being years before I start again. Ha!

This first group of pics will be from August things and then the next post will be September. 

The first week of August we went to the Poconos with my parents, my brother & Teresa & Jason, Allison & Brielle, Teresa's sister Lisa & Dale & Peter.  We stayed in a great house that had a parking lot across the street for bike riding, a yard for baseball and other yard games, and a pass for the Pocono Mountain Club.  The weather was terrific, the food was terrific, and the company was well...umm...well...just kidding.  The company was terrific, too!

Mom got this cake for us.  I loved it!!!!


Hot tub was IN the house! It definitely got a lot of use.  Especially from Bree :)


This was an amazing place called Boulder Field. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.  The pictures could never do it justice.  Scott and Cole made it from one end to the other which had to be 1/2 mile or so.

Chase's attempt at climbing over the rocks. He didn't get quite as far as Scott and Cole.


This was a waterfall we hiked to called Hawk's Falls. The water was so cold there wasn't much swimming done.



Wow! Look at those muscles.  As you can imagine, the girls were swooning.


Chase was content to just watch.  Put his foot in once and that was enough for him.


Daddy and his boys


The kids! 


The whole gang



The rest of the pictures are from various things so you'll have to read the captions to find out what they are from.


The day we got back from vacation, Cole decided it was time to part with his birthday money and buy himself the bike he really wanted.  It's red, it's XGames, and he can do tricks on it. 


Look beyond the mess and you'll see three adorable boys, two looking very dapper.  Scott and Cole were on their way to the church service for Topher's wedding.  Cole looks awesome! He even put gel in his hair because he knows I like it that way.  What a sweetheart! And a handsome one at that.


The Brekkes came back to visit so they could attend Topher's wedding, too.  There was a party at the White's house and Ben gave the kids tractor rides.


So, that was our August.  The short version.  We enjoyed having Scott around as much as he was before the recruiting season started.  Then it's really time when I become a "hockey widow".





No comments:

Post a Comment